Several travel web sites list different places as top ten of their favorite travel attractions in Sri Lanka. Here are some of those lists:
Lonely Planet Top 10 Picks for Sri Lanka
1 Ancient Cities - Visit Anuradhapura, Polonnaruwa and Sigiriya
2 Arugam Bay -
4 Yala National Park
5 Horton's Plains & World's End
7 Adam's Peak
8 Sinharaja Forest Reserve
11 Southern Beaches
Top Things to do by The Planet D: Around the World Adventure Couple
1. Try Surfing.
2. Sip Tea and explore the hill country.
3. Go on a Pilgrimage
4. Ride the Train.
5. Yala National Park
6. Go to Udawalawe National Park.
7. Visit a Turtle Hatchery
8. Laze on the Beach. - Hikkaduwa, Unawatuna and Kosgoda are some popular beaches, but you can still find secluded beaches all along Sri Lanka’s coast.
9. Visit Sigiriya.
10. Have dinner with a local family.
Top attractions by Tourism Sri Lanka
1. Stroll Along Colombo.
2. Delve into the Remnants of the Past.
3. Indulge in Resplendent Island of Hikkaduwa.
4. Journey to the Holy Adam's Peak.
5. Marvel at the Splendour of Anuradhapura.
6. Enjoy a Sunset in a Coconut Grove.
7. Admire the Grandeur and Opulence of Kandy.
8. Explore the Wonder and Beauty of Sigiriya.
9. Discover the Tea Plantations.
10. Engage with Nature at Bundala National Park.
Popular attractions listed by several travel web sites include following:
Wild-life parks, Kandy, Colombo, Beaches, Ella, Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage, Cultural sites (Sigiriya, Dambulla Cave Temples, Anuradhapura, Polonnaruwa), Sri Lankan tea country (Nuwara Eliya) Turtle Hatchery